- Convenient one-hand operation
- Ideal for Surface Mount Devices
- Automatic LED polarity detection and display
- Forward drop voltage display
- Dedicated mode for testing bi-directional LEDs
- Manual polarity preset modes
- Adjustable constant test current 1-30mA
- Adjustable test duty cycle 10-1000 mSec
- LED visual brightness verification
- LED visual color verification
- OLED Display
- Integrated Li-Ion battery
Smart Tweezers® Iskra™ is a specialized solution for testing and verification of SMD and throughhole LEDs. The device design combines a pair of high quality gold-plated tweezers and a digital adaptive LED tester in a compact, lightweight, battery powered instrument.
Testing Surface Mount and Throughhole LEDsSurface mount devices are usually more difficult to test and identify SMD than conventional components due to their size. Smart Tweezers® Iskra™ gives users an easy way to test and verify various types of LEDs even already placed on boards. The probe can also be used to test throughhole LED.
Automated MeasurementsSmart Tweezers Iskra™ performs automatic LED polarity detection (for single-direction LEDs) using a unique safe adaptive test algorithm. After LED polarity detection Smart Tweezers Iskra™ lights the LED at the preset test current value and at the set current pulse duration.
During the testing cycle the device displays test current value, polarity indicator, forward drop voltage across LED and the current pulse duration.
Bi-directional LED MeasurementsWhen testing bi-directional LEDs Smart Tweezers Iskra™ displays forward voltage drop for each direction.
During the testing cycle the device lights up each LED direction at the preset test current value and at the set current pulse duration.
Preset Polarity LED TestingSmart Tweezers Iskra™ can be switched into preset polarity mode. In the mode the handles get fixed polarity and the LED tested either by rising or falling test signal.